Premier provides KBR and the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) with moves management, moves and changes support and sustainable furniture services across the whole of their estate.
As part of the MPS’s commitment to responsible procurement, suppliers are required to work to the key principles of procuring goods, services and works that take into account the social, economic and environmental impacts and opportunities whilst achieving best value.
Premier delivers the office moves and changes for all staff and equipment across the MPS’s estate of 400 properties across Greater London and manages the sustainable clearances of any buildings. This includes relocation, storage, furniture re-use and recycling services:
- Two teams visit the MPS estate daily to collect redundant items of furniture and equipment and take them to Premier’s facility where them are assessed for reuse or recycling
- Items of furniture that are suitable for reuse are photographed and details are entered onto the MPS’s Swap Shop system, an online portal that captures all the information regarding the item
- The items are stored and staff can order items directly out from storage rather than procure new.
- Items that are not economically or environmentally suitable for reuse are then sent for recycling.
“We are delighted to be working with the MPS on this contract that enables them to achieve their sustainability objectives through re-using and recycling redundant office furniture and equipment. We are working together actively to introduce new initiatives that will help the MPS extend the lifecycle of their office furniture and maximise what can be reused to delivering even greater sustainability benefits.”
-Danny Rutter, Sales Account Manager, Premier Workplace Services.
Download the full case study below to see how this partnership has in 12 months:
- Enabled in excess of 3,000 items of furniture to be reused via the Swap Shop
- Seen over 200 desks be remanufactured rather than recycled
- Saved over 3,540 tonnes CO2(e)
- Saved in excess of £300,000 in procurement costs and £15,000 in waste costs
You can also read how reuse has been integrated into estate rationalisation at MPS and into the refurbishment of headquarters and station refurbishments.